Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Match Forecast: Playing 11, Key Info, Dream11
IPL 2022 Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders match prediction for Today’s IPL match: DC Vs KKR– 28th of April at 07:30 PM local time.
We saw that a team with a perennial “not good enough for the capital” attitude could bite quite good. Will we see another good performance from Delhi? It’s possible, but let’s check stats before betting. Let’s analyse the second Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Match, scheduled approximately in a week.
Delhi Capitals did 5 matches, 2 won and 3 lost; now it sits in the 8th place of the points table. The successful matches were:
- In the intense fight against Mumbai Indians, they won by 4 wickets.
- And in the first meeting with KKR, they won by 44 runs.
Kolkata Knight Riders sitting in the 6th place, played 7 matches, 3 won and 4 lost.
- They won over CSK by 6 wickets and were leading consistently during the whole match.
- They beat PBKS by 6 wickets, also showing a confident play.
- Also, the intense match against MI ended with the win by 5 wickets.
The 2 teams have a long head-to-head history of 30 matches, where KKR has 16 wins, and DC has 13 wins. Usually, if DC wins in the first meeting, KKR takes the next leg. DC won twice only in 2009.
Match Info, Pitch report 2022, Weather
The Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Match #41 will be at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on the 28th of April (07:30 PM local time).
The Wankhede Stadium is known as a helper for swing bowlers and batters. Up to 2011, the seaside location assisted bowlers. Though, after the 2011 renovation, the sea breeze effect was reduced a little.
Mostly, the pitch is good for batters, and we can expect high scores. The highest score was 235 at the venue. Also, one interesting fact: Wankhede assists the chasing teams. For example, 4 of 6 recent IPL matches 2022 organised there ended by “won by X wickets”.
- DC mostly have a losing experience at the venue. They played approximately 15 events there and won only 5 times.
- KKR have even more upsetting memories. They were there 11 times and won only once (by runs).
It’s interesting. Historically, DC was able to use the venue features better than their contender.
The 28th of April promises to be hot (30°C) and sunny. No rain, but 66% humidity, which is quite high. So, it might be slightly a challenge for batters because the moisture makes bats heavier. The wind will be 19Km/h, NW direction.
The Wankhede Stadium
Possible Playing 11s
For DC, the probable playing 11 might be:
- David Warner – Batsman
- Prithvi Shaw – Batsman
- Rovman Powell – Batsman
- Axar Patel – All-Rounder
- Lalit Yadav – All-Rounder
- Mitchell Marsh – All-Rounder
- Rishabh Pant © – Wicket Keeper
- Khaleel Ahmed – Bowler
- Kuldeep Yadav – Bowler
- Mustafizur Rahman – Bowler
- Shardul Thakur – Bowler
For KKR, possible playing 11 might be:
- Aaron Finch – Batsman
- Nitish Rana – Batsman
- Shreyas Iyer © – Batsman
- Andre Russell – All-Rounder
- Sunil Narine – All-Rounder
- Venkatesh Iyer – All-Rounder
- Sheldon Jackson – Wicket Keeper
- Pat Cummins – Bowler
- Shivam Mavi – Bowler
- Umesh Yadav – Bowler
- Varun Chakravarthy – Bowler
We pick up such Delhi Capitals’ key personas:
- Prithvi Shaw is a young batter, one of the “next big things” in Indian cricket. A fearsome cuter and effective puller.
- Although critics say he needs to change his mindset and play more openly, Rishabh Pant has a good form. He has everything for a great career.
- David Warner is an Australian and the most successful overseas batter in IPL history.
As for KKR, we select these players as key:
- Sunil Narine is known as one of the most decorated cricket players and keeps being the key for the KKR franchise.
- Aaron Finch is an Australian aggressive right-handed batsman with an impressive strike rate.
- Andre Russell is a fast-bowling all-rounder and a great fielder.
The DC vs KKR match Dream11 prediction today match:
- Wicket-keeper – Rishabh Pant,
- Batsmen – David Warner, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Nitish Rana
- All-rounders – Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, Andre Russell
- Bowlers – Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav
- Captain and vice-captain – Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer, Andre Russell
Today’s match prediction
Historical stats and current points position vote for KKR. Though, the venue votes for DC. Also, Delhi might want to earn points and get a chance for final events.
Both teams have great players who might fire up the 2022 match. Delhi has young talents. But KKR players already have shown a good playstyle in the current season.
We’d make a bet for KKR winning. That’s our DC vs KKR match prediction. Though, we propose selecting the safest markets to get a guaranteed payment. It’s not the Toss Winner bet; it’s too risky. Instead, it’s better to take Top Batsman or Top Bowler stake. Also, if you know well the playstyles of your fav players, you can make the First Wicket bet.