Gujarat Titans vs Punjab Kings Match Prediction: Pitch Report, Key Players, Dream11
Will the favourite #1 win over the team which sits in the lower half of the table? It seems to be a sure thing, but let’s check the info better. What do we know about the next Gujarat Titans vs Punjab Kings Match, scheduled for the 3rd of May 2022?
GT is now in 1st place, after 7 matches, 6 won and 1 lost. It lost only to Sunrisers Hyderabad after a nail-biting fight.
Punjab Kings are in the 8th place, after 7 matches, 3 won and 4 lost:
- the team won over RCB, CSK, MI;
- lost to KKR, GT, SRH, DC.
Nevertheless, the previous match PBKS vs GT, which was on the 8th of April, went intensely. Punjab fought bravely till the end; their bowlers put a lot of pressure on the opponents.
After the fight, the PBKS skipper Mayank Agarwal said that the team was 5-10 runs short. Also, he noted that Kagiso Rabada and Arshdeep Singh did a fantastic job in the end overs.
Also, Gujarat Titans won thanks to Shubman Gill and Rahul Tewatia. They made possible a dramatic six-wicket win over PBKS. Without them, Punjab could win the fight.
That info allows us to predict that PBKS is a team which can beat the #1 favourite. It has everything for that.
The Gujarat Titans vs Punjab Kings match #48 will happen on the 3rd (7:30 local time) at the Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai.
The ground there is 200 tons of South African red soil, which provides bounce for bowlers and a true pitch for batters. Also, the outfield has sand-based grass for drainage benefit. Batters can benefit from tall floodlight towers because they don’t suffer from the glare. We can expect a 150+ score there.
- GT played there 3 times, 2 times won (both by runs), and 1 lost.
- PBKS played twice, 1 time won by wickets.
The venue has hosted 13 matches of the IPL season; 6 were won by runs and 7 by wickets. So there’s no significant advantage for the team chasing or batting first.
The weather on the 3rd of May will be hot, as is usual in Mumbai at that time. We can expect 31° C and a partly cloudy day. Clouds, though, won’t promise rain, and there will be a modest (for Mumbai) humidity of 68%. There will be a 21Km/h breeze in the WSW direction.
GT vs PBKS Possible Playing 11s
For GT, we expect such playing 11:
- Abhinav Manohar – Batsman
- David Miller – Batsman
- Shubman Gill – Batsman
- Hardik Pandya © – All-Rounder
- Rahul Tewatia – All-Rounder
- Wriddhiman Saha – Wicket Keeper
- Alzarri Joseph – Bowler
- Lockie Ferguson – Bowler
- Mohammad Shami – Bowler
- Rashid Khan – Bowler
- Yash Dayal – Bowler
For PBKS, we expect these players:
- Mayank Agarwal © – Batsman
- Shikhar Dhawan – Batsman
- Liam Livingstone – All-Rounder
- Rishi Dhawan – All-Rounder
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa – Wicket Keeper
- Jitesh Sharma – Wicket Keeper
- Jonny Bairstow – Wicket Keeper
- Arshdeep Singh – Bowler
- Kagiso Rabada – Bowler
- Rahul Chahar – Bowler
- Sandeep Sharma – Bowler
For GT, we pick these key players:
- Shubman Gill performs exceptionally for his young age, so he remains vital for the team.
- Hardik Pandya is the 4th in the Orange Cap race with 295 runs and 5th in the average rate with his 73.75. The skipper keeps his excellent form in the 2022 season.
- Rahul Tewatia is a wrist spinner and great lower-order batsman; the captain and the audience praise him.
For PBKS, we think these players will be vital:
- Shikhar Dhawan is the left-handed batter and the 2nd player after Kohli to score 6000 runs in IPL. He made that in his 200th match in the League.
- Jitesh Sharma is one of the significant findings of the Punjab franchise. He made some crucial knocks and played pretty confidently.
- Kagiso Rabada is a South African pacer who can clock high speed and shows excellent bounce. So the venue may help him a lot.
We propose such Dream11 prediction for the GT vs PBKS match:
- Weekets-keepers – Wriddhiman Saha, Jitesh Sharma
- Batters – David Miller, Shubman Gill, Shikhar Dhawan
- All-rounders – Hardik Pandya, Rahul Tewatia
- Bowlers – Rashid Khan, Yash Dayal, Kagiso Rabada
- Captain and vice-captain – Hardik Pandya, Shubman Gill, Liam Livingstone
GT vs PBKS match prediction
So which prediction can we make for the second Gujarat Titans vs Punjab Kings match? GT looks like an absolute favourite keeping his #1 place. But it doesn’t mean the team can’t lose. What’s more, GT can allow 1 game to be lost because that won’t harm its position. The second favourite, for now, has two losses already.
PBKS has everything to make GT sweat a lot. They have 2 matches before; it’s events vs CSK and LSG. Chennai might be somewhat a weak opponent, but LSG is strong.
GT before Punjab has 2 fights with SRH and RCB. Both are great opponents, and SRH won over the Titans in the 1st match.
Even the positions in the points table can’t be a sure indicator. That match will also be a nail-biting event. We recommend making bets in various sportsbooks with different odds to hedge risks. Or, don’t make big stakes if you prefer making singles on one sports site.
Use our prediction for making your own, make bets and win!