Kolkata Knight Riders vs Lucknow Super Giants Match Prediction: Dream11, Key Players, Pitch Report 2022
What prediction can you make about the Kolkata Knight Riders vs Lucknow Super Giants match on the 18th of May? By the way, that’s the last IPL 2022 game for both franchises before the playoffs. Let’s analyse the event together.
KKR has 10 points and the #7 position after 12 games, 5 won, 7 lost. The team won over MI and will meet with SRH before LSG. Sunrisers have the same amount of points, so it will be an intense event where both teams will try to get a place in the qualifiers. KKR possibly will be tired after that.
LSG has 16 points and position #2 after 12 matches, 8 won and 4 lost. The franchise lost to GT and will meet with RR before the last IPL match. Lucknow may try to win both events to get a place in the playoffs.
As LSG is a debutant, the teams have no head-to-head history; they first met only in 2022. The 1st match LSG vs KKR, was on the 7th of May. Lucknow beat the opponent by 75 runs, and it demonstrated brilliant bowling and batting. Avesh Khan was the Man of the Match with his 3 overs, 19 runs and 3 wickets.
Pitch Report 2022 & Weather
The Kolkata Knight Riders vs Lucknow Super Giants match #66 is scheduled for the 18th of May 2022 (07:30 local time). The venue is Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai.
The stadium hosted 34 IPL matches. The highest score was 216, and the lowest was 82. Mostly, we can expect a 160+ score on the field. It already hosted 17 of 20 IPL 2022 games. 9 of them were won by wickets, 8 by runs. So the pitch gives equal chances to both teams. We think the toss won or lost won’t significantly impact the process.
- KKR played there 2 times and won both games.
- LSG played there 3 times and won twice.
So, both franchises have a positive experience with the stadium and can use its features to their advantage.
Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
The pitch report 2022: the field is made of South African soil, which gives a consistent bounce. And, if we compare Dr DY Patil Sports Academy venue with other IPL stadiums, batters have a challenging work here.
- First, the boundaries are tricky. One side is 64 meters; another is 78. The spinners usually try to use the longest one to make batters’ life harder.
- Second, the spinners have a good grip on the surface, and it’s hard to hit them. Bowlers dominated the last matches.
The game is at night, so that the dew effect will be impactful. Both teams probably will select bowling first after winning the toss.
The weather on the 17th of May will be sunny and hot, 31°C. The chance of rain is 0%, but the humidity will be 70%. The wind will be 19 Km/h in the WSW direction.
Probable Playing XIs
The possible playing 11 for KKR might be:
- Ajinkya Rahane – Batsman
- Nitish Rana – Batsman
- Rinku Singh – Batsman
- Shreyas Iyer © – Batsman
- Andre Russell – All-Rounder
- Sunil Narine – All-Rounder
- Venkatesh Iyer – All-Rounder
- Sheldon Jackson – Wicket Keeper
- Pat Cummins – Bowler
- Tim Southee – Bowler
- Varun Chakravarthy – Bowler
The playing 11 for LSG might be:
- Ayush Badoni – Batsman
- Karan Sharma – Batsman
- Deepak Hooda – All-Rounder
- Jason Holder – All-Rounder
- Krunal Pandya – All-Rounder
- Marcus Stoinis – All-Rounder
- KL Rahul © – Wicket Keeper
- Quinton de Kock – Wicket Keeper
- Avesh Khan – Bowler
- Dushmantha Chameera – Bowler
- Mohsin Khan – Bowler
For KKR, these players may be vital:
- Venkatesh Iyer made great knocks in previous matches and got his perfect form.
- Pat Cummins and Tim Southee performed a great bowling duo and can show wonders on the Patil field.
- Andre Russell keeps being the stalwart for the team; he’s 4th by Best Bowling Strike Rate in that season.
For LSG, these cricketers could be key:
- Krunal Pandya got a lot of wickets for the team and performed brilliantly against a mighty opponent – GT. So he might keep that form.
- Dushmantha Chameera bowled greatly in the last matches and kept taking crucial wickets.
- Avesh Khan is 8th in the Leading Wicket-takers in the Purple race with 292 runs and 16 wickets.
The Dream11 prediction for KKR vs LSG match 2022:
- Wicket-keepers – KL Rahul, Quinton de Kock
- Batters – Nitish Rana, Shreyas Iyer, Ayush Badoni
- All-rounders – Andre Russell, Krunal Pandya, Jason Holder
- Bowlers – Pat Cummins, Avesh Khan, Mohsin Khan
- Captain and vice-captain – KL Rahul, Quinton de Kock
KKR vs LSG match prediction
Lucknow Super Giants may win the last (for them) 2022 IPL match as the team feels obliged to do it. Also, they beat KKR in the 1st match with a great score, and that game was only a week ago. So LSG knows well the KKR form in the 2nd half of the current IPL season.
KKR will be tired after Sunrisers, so it will be challenging for the team to fight LSG. They might strive to win over. Though, for now, we think LSG has more chances to win.
Nevertheless, we recommend being careful. Use your forecast as a base for your own and make gainful bets! Good luck!