Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals Match Forecast: Key Info, Players, Dream11
Bollywood fights with a venture capitalist, and who will win? On the 15th of March, Bollywood’s Kolkata Knight Riders team was in 2nd place, and now they dropped to 7th place in the table. And Manoj Badale’s Rajasthan Royals keep their 3rd place since 15 Match till today. A pretty strong team, we must say.
What prediction can we compose now, ahead of the match on the 2nd of May? Let’s study what we know.
KKR had 8 matches, 3 won and 5 lost. They beat CSK, PBKS and MI at the start of the IPL season. Then they got a series of losses, failing to DC, SRH, RR, and GT. Also, they lost to RCB after CSK won.
RR had 7 matches, 5 won, 2 lost. They lost to RCB and GT. And won over SRH, MI, LSG, KKR, DC.
The first KKR vs RR match on the 18th of April 2022 was intense. RR was leading most of the time, but after the inn break, KKR were playing confidently. And only in the last seconds did RR win thanks to the crucial move of Ravichandran Ashwin taking the wicket of Andre Russel.
They have a long head-to-head history of 26 matches. KKR won 13 times, and RR had 12 wins. Each fight is pretty intense.
What should we expect from the second meeting KKr with RR? Let’s study.
Match Info & Pitch Report
The Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals match #47 will be on the 2nd of May (07:30 local time) at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Founded in 1974, the venue has hosted 89 IPL matches. The highest score is 235, and the lowest is 67. Mostly, we can expect a 150+ score there.
At the moment, Wankhade has hosted 8 IPL 2022 matches. 4 of them (the first half) were won by wickets, and 4 (the second half) were by runs. So we can’t say that team chasing or batting first has an advantage.
The red soil pitch helps spinners more as matches go on because the ground slightly tears up more and more. The bowlers can benefit from the venue.
KKR played at the venue several times but won only once in 2012. RR has played there more times and won 8 matches against various teams. We can say they know the field better.
The weather 2022 pitch report: it promises to be hot, 30°C. The chance of rain is 22%, and the sky might be partly cloudy. The humidity is high, 72%. Also, the wind promises to be 26Km/h and WSW direction.
So, we have a high chance that the dew effect will be impactful. The spinners can play a significant role due to red soil, and the batters get more challenging work.
Probable Playing XIs
For KKR, we predict such possible playing 11:
- Nitish Rana – Batsman
- Rinku Singh – Batsman
- Shreyas Iyer © – Batsman
- Andre Russell – All-Rounder
- Sunil Narine – All-Rounder
- Venkatesh Iyer – All-Rounder
- Sam Billings – Wicket Keeper
- Shivam Mavi – Bowler
- Tim Southee – Bowler
- Umesh Yadav – Bowler
- Varun Chakravarthy – Bowler
For RR, we propose that playing 11:
- Devdutt Padikkal – Batsman
- Karun Nair – Batsman
- Shimron Hetmyer – Batsman
- Riyan Parag – All-Rounder
- Jos Buttler – Wicket Keeper
- Sanju Samson © – Wicket Keeper
- Obed McCoy – Bowler
- Prasidh Krishna – Bowler
- Ravichandran Ashwin – Bowler
- Trent Boult – Bowler
- Yuzvendra Chahal – Bowler
For KKR, we’d like to point out these key players:
- Andre Russell: The West Indian all-rounder continues to be vital for the team. He’s now 2nd in the Purple Cap race.
- Umesh Yadav: The pacer is one of the leading wicket-taker with 11 wickets and a 7.43 economy.
- Nitish Rana is a left-handed batter showing a great form a the top of the order. He keeps being vital for KKR.
For RR, we’d like to select such vital figures:
- Sanju Samson performs fantastically as a captain and a wicket-keeper batsman.
- Shimron Hetmyer plays like a star in the 2022 season. He’s 4th at the Best Batting Average rating, having 224 runs and a 74.66 average. Also, he has a strike rate of 179.20.
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Jos Buttler and Yuzvendra Chahal remain essential for the RR team.
Let us propose the Dream11 prediction for today’s match:
- Wicket-keepers – Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson
- Batters – Shimron Hetmyer, Nitish Rana
- All-rounders – Andre Russell, Sunil Narine
- Bowlers – Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umesh Yadav
- Captain and vice-captain – Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer
KKR vs RR match prediction
So, what do we have for the Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals match on the 2nd of May 2022? Well, RR looks now much better than KKR. They have a higher position, they won more often at the Wankhede venue, so they know the field.
KKR may fight to get more points, but it will be a challenging mission. They still got a tremendous previous match where Kolkata had a marvellous moment and was close to the win over Rajasthan.
Even if KKR was underperforming last 4 matches, it has everything to win. So we’d propose making opposing stakes in various sportsbooks. Use our prediction as a base for your own; make bets and win!