Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals Match Forecast: Pitch Info, Key 11, Dream11
It will be the last match of the 2022 IPL competition, and Mumbai Indian will finally be able to breathe freely. The franchise will get time to think and change to become champion in the next season. And what will get another team? Let’s analyse Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals match on the 21th of May.
Mumbai Indians has an interesting pattern of losing and winning the IPL seasons:
- 2009 year — 7th place; 2010 — 2nd place and finalists;
- 2016 — the 5th place, 2017 — the champions;
- 2018 — the 5th place, 2019 — the champions.
As we can see, they often rise up and get the championship after falling down. The 2022 season differs by the amplitude of that falling; they are now in 10th place after 12 matches, 3 won, 9 lost.
Mumbai are out of the competition but nevertheless can spoil the party for other teams. Like CSK who was hoped to go to the playoffs, but lost to MI and also got out of the playoffs.
Delhi Capitals are now 5th after 12 games, 6 won and 6 lost. Before MI, they will meet with PBKS which is an easy target for DC оudging from the 1st match.
The head-to-head history comprises 31 games. Mumbai won 16 events, and DC – 15. So they both are quite strong for each other.
Interestingly that the 2022 for DC started by the MI match; and the last meeting of the season is also with MI. The 1st event was on the 27th of March. Delhi Capitals beat MI by 4 wickets after the very intense fighting.
MI vs DC Details & Pitch Report
The 2nd Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals match #69 will be on the 21th of May (07:30 local time). The venue is Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
The Wankhede Stadium hosted 97 IPL matches. For now, it hosted 16 of 21 scheduled IPL 2022 games. 9 of them were won by wickets (i.e., chasing team won), and 7 of them won by runs (i.e., the team batting first). So, the venue now assists chasing franchises slightly more.
MI played there 68 games and won 44 times (64%). The most fresh winning was on the 12th of May 2022 ending a long winless break since the May 2019.
DC played there 17 matches and won 6 times (35%). The most fresh winning was on the 28th of April 2022. In principle, MI knows the field longer.
The pitch report in 2022: it has short boundaries and is made of red soil which tends to wear and tear after a long series of matches. It means, while batters can get a good score, the spinners may dominate in the process.
The weather on the 21th of May will be hot (30°C) with possible patchy rain. The chance of rain is 24%. Also, the humidity will be 74%, so the dew effect will be impactful. The wind will be 31 Km/h in the SW direction. That wind is strong enough and may correct the cricketers’ plans.
Probable Playing XIs
For MI, the playing 11 might be:
- Ramandeep Singh – Batsman
- Rohit Sharma © – Batsman
- Tilak Varma – Batsman
- Tim David – Batsman
- Daniel Sams – All-Rounder
- Ishan Kishan – Wicket Keeper
- Tristan Stubbs – Wicket Keeper
- Hrithik Shokeen – Bowler
- Jasprit Bumrah – Bowler
- Kumar Kartikeya – Bowler
- Riley Meredith – Bowler
For DC, the playing 11 might be:
- David Warner – Batsman
- Rovman Powell – Batsman
- Axar Patel – All-Rounder
- Lalit Yadav – All-Rounder
- Mitchell Marsh – All-Rounder
- Rishabh Pant – Wicket Keeper
- Srikar Bharat – Wicket Keeper
- Anrich Nortje – Bowler
- Chetan Sakariya – Bowler
- Kuldeep Yadav – Bowler
- Shardul Thakur – Bowler
For MI, these players might be vital:
- Tilak Varma keeps being one of the best MI players in the 2022 season. Together with Hrithik Shokeen he led to 5-wicket win against CSK. Also, he’s a great fielder.
- Kumar Kartikeya is a young debutant – all-rounder with perspectives. He took 2 CSK wickets and may keeping the form till the last MI game in the current season.
- Ishan Kishan keeps being a key player for MI thanks to his hitting skills.
For DC, these players can be critical:
- David Warner can smash opponents with his destructive batting. He recently scored fifties together with Mitchell Marsh.
- Mitchell Marsh is a right-handed batter and pacer and has a decent form.
- Kuldeep Yadav played several important knocks for DC and can use the field features as a fast bowler.
The Dream11 prediction for MI vs DC match:
- Wicket-keepers – Ishan Kishan, Rishabh Pant
- Batters – Rohit Sharma, David Warner, Rovman Powell
- All-rounders – Daniel Sams, Lalit Yadav, Mitchell Marsh
- Bowlers – Jasprit Bumrah, Kumar Kartikeya, Kuldeep Yadav
- Captain and vice-captain – Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma
MI vs DC match prediction
What’s the prediction for the Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals match? Maybe, MI is out of the competition, but it doesn’t mean they can’t spoil the plans of other teams going to playoffs. They fought furiously almost each match in the 2022 season, it’s just something prevented them from winning. So, MI can be dangerous for DC.
Dc will do everything to get more points and secure the place in playoffs. So we think, it’s better making opposing bets in 2 different sportsbooks.
Make your forecast, make bets and gain profits!