Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Forecast: Pitch Report, Match Info, Dream11
The 2022 outsider, Mumbai Indians, finally got 2 wins and made KKR nervous (though they lost anyway). Sunrisers Hyderabad is on the losing streak, losing 4 games after T Natarajan had injured again. Nevertheless, they have 10 points as three other teams and chances to pass to the playoffs.
So, the Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad match (17th of May 2022) will be a nail-biter. Let’s analyse the info and learn more about these franchises.
MI is 10th; after 11 games, 2 won and 9 lost. An outsider makes almost all matches “disappointed but memorable”, as Jasprit Bumrah said on Twitter.
SRH is 6th, after 11 events, 5 won, 6 lost. It has 10 points and 3 matches to get more and go to the playoffs. The franchise may make an effort to win all 3 games.
The head-to-head history comprises 17 matches. Mumbai won 9 times and Sunrisers 8. So, even in the best MI seasons, Hyderabad could beat the opponent by high amounts of runs.
The May match will be their 1st meeting in the 2022 IPL season.
MI vs SRH Match Pitch Report
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad match #65 will be on the 17th of May (07:30 PM local time). The place is Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
That venue hosted 96 IPL matches. The stadium has hosted 15 of 21 scheduled events in the current season. 8 of them were won by wickets, 7 by runs. So, the pitch assists both sides, batting first or chasing. The toss results may have little impact on the game.
- MI played there 67 times and won 43 times (64%). But they haven’t been victorious in that venue since May 2019.
- SRH played there 8 times and beat opponents once. So they also can’t boast great results in that field.
Statistically, we can expect a 170+ score at the Wankhede Stadium in every pitch report. The red soil provides an even bounce and relatively short boundaries, making batters’ work easier. Spinners will play a significant role because the pitch is worn after 15 events.
It’s a Mumbai stadium, so the dew effect will seriously impact the game. The weather on the 17th of May supposes to be hot (30°C) and partly cloudy. The chance of rain is 0%, but the humidity will be 72% which is relatively high. The wind will be 19 Km/h in the WSW direction.
Probable Playing XIs
Possible playing 11 for MI:
- Ramandeep Singh – Batsman
- Rohit Sharma © – Batsman
- Tilak Varma – Batsman
- Tim David – Batsman
- Daniel Sams – All-Rounder
- Kieron Pollard – All-Rounder
- Ishan Kishan – Wicket Keeper
- Jasprit Bumrah – Bowler
- Kumar Kartikeya – Bowler
- Murugan Ashwin – Bowler
- Riley Meredith – Bowler
Possible playing 11 for SRH:
- Aiden Markram – Batsman
- Kane Williamson © – Batsman
- Rahul Tripathi – Batsman
- Shashank Singh – Batsman
- Abhishek Sharma – All-Rounder
- Nicholas Pooran – Wicket Keeper
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – Bowler
- Fazalhaq Farooqi – Bowler
- Jagadeesha Suchith – Bowler
- Kartik Tyagi – Bowler
- Umran Malik – Bowler
The key players for Mumbai Indians might be:
- Ishan Kishan made a perfect 45-run against GT. He might be able to perform that knock again.
- Tilak Varma shows great batting, and also he’s a skilled fielder, 6th in the fielders rating with 8 catches.
- Murugan Ashwin, the leg-spinner bowler, got good results for the team.
The vital players for Sunrisers Hyderabad might be as follows:
- Abhishek Sharma is one of the best SRH batters.
- Aiden Markram is 4th in Best Batting Average rating with 326 runs and a 65.20 average. He’s in good form and keeps playing fine.
- Umran Malik isn’t a spinner, but he’s a genius pacer who does wonders on the field.
The Dream11 prediction for MI vs SRH match:
- Wicket-keepers – Ishan Kishan
- Batters – Rohit Sharma, Tilak Varma, Aiden Markram, Kane Williamson
- All-rounders – Abhishek Sharma, Daniel Sams
- Bowlers – Jasprit Bumrah, Murugan Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umran Malik
- Captain and vice-captain – Kane Williamson, Aiden Markram
MI vs SRH match prediction
After T Natarajan was ruled out of the SRH main playing 11, the team started suffering from losses. So, their status isn’t very confident. Mumbai Indians got some inspiration from 2 wins and can press Sunrisers hard enough.
SRH will make everything to get points and a place in the playoffs. Also, their players performed exceptionally and got a lot of high positions in the Orange and Purple Cap races. So, the match might become intense.
Though, we think that MI now has more chances of winning than it might seem. We propose betting on Mumbai win. Nevertheless, we advise taking our predictions as a base for your own on the Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad match 2022.
Make bets and gain profits! Good luck to you!