Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals Match Prediction: Key Info, Dream11, Pitch Report & Weather
That’s the moment in the IPL saga when several teams have the same amount of points and equal chances to pass to the playoffs. So we have no confident answer about who will win in the Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals match on the 16th of May 2022.
Though what can we learn from data? Let’s analyse.
PBKS had 11 matches, 5 won, 6 lost – so it’s 10 points. DC has the same situation.
The teams’ form in the last 5 games is identical:
- PBKS – L-W-L-W-L
- DC – L-W-L-W-L
By the way, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kolkata Knight Riders also have 10 points each. There are only 3 matches till the qualifiers, and all 4 teams have time to get 4th place in the table, passing to the playoffs.
PBKS vs DC head-to-head history: Punjab won 15 times, and DC 14. They are equally strong franchises.
The 1st match in the 2022 season was on the 20th of April. Delhi Capitals beat Punjab by 9 wickets. David Warner and Prithvi Shaw (DC) played significantly in the Powerplay; it was one of their best performances in the current season.
Match Info & Pitch Report 2022
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals match #64 is scheduled on the 16th of May (07:30 local time). The venue is Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai.
The stadium hosted 34 IPL matches. In the 2022 season, it must host 20 events; 17 of them have already happened. Nine of them were won by wickets and eight by runs. So the field helps both sides, and the chances are equal. The toss results have a minor impact.
- PBKS played 3 times at the venue and won twice by wickets.
- DC also played 3 times but won once.
The outfield comprises 200 tons of South African soil to get a surface with proper bounce. The sand-based grass helps to easy drainage. The floodlight towers are tall, so the batters don’t harm their eyes in the evening. All that means is that the venue is a batting pitch. And we’ll have a high score.
Also, the soil dries up, slowing movements so that spinners will have an impact. Bowlers will dominate the game.
As for the weather on the 16th of May, it will be hot (30°C) and sunny. There’s a 0% chance of rain, though the humidity will be 71%. It’s a very high parameter; the dew effect will impact the game. The wind will be 25 Km\h in the WSW direction.
Dr DY Patil Sports Academy Stadium
PBKS vs DC Playing 11s
For PBKS, the playing 11 might be:
- Mayank Agarwal © – Batsman
- Shikhar Dhawan – Batsman
- Liam Livingstone – All-Rounder
- Rishi Dhawan – All-Rounder
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa – Wicket Keeper
- Jitesh Sharma – Wicket Keeper
- Jonny Bairstow – Wicket Keeper
- Arshdeep Singh – Bowler
- Kagiso Rabada – Bowler
- Rahul Chahar – Bowler
- Sandeep Sharma – Bowler
For DC, the playing 11 might be as follows:
- David Warner – Batsman
- Ripal Patel – Batsman
- Rovman Powell – Batsman
- Axar Patel – All-Rounder
- Mitchell Marsh – All-Rounder
- Rishabh Pant © – Wicket Keeper
- Srikar Bharat – Wicket Keeper
- Anrich Nortje – Bowler
- Khaleel Ahmed – Bowler
- Kuldeep Yadav – Bowler
- Shardul Thakur – Bowler
For Punjab Kings, the vital players may be:
- Liam Livingstone, an English all-rounder, has one of the best strike rates, 184.21 in 315 runs. He does a lot of significant knocks for Punjab.
- Kagiso Rabada is a great bowler, 3rd in the Purple Cap race with 18 wickets. His performance might be crucial on the worn pitches at the end of the IPL league.
- Sandeep Sharma made a strong comeback and played well in the last games.
For Delhi Capitals, these players may be critical:
- David Warner, the Australian star cricketer, often saves the team. He’s in great form and plays perfectly under pressure.
- Kuldeep Yadav is the best spinning bowler for DC. He’s 4th in the Purple Cap race with 18 wickets in 352 runs.
- Khaleel Ahmed is another bowler who may impact the game. The left-arm seamer picks wickets in style and is 6th in the Purple Cap race, having 16 wickets.
The Dream11 prediction PBKS vs DC match:
- Wickets-keepers – Jitesh Sharma, Rishabh Pant
- Batters – Shikhar Dhawan, David Warner, Rovman Powell
- All-rounders – Liam Livingstone, Axar Patel
- Bowlers – Arshdeep Singh, Kagiso Rabada, Khaleel Ahmed, Kuldeep Yadav
- Captain and vice-captain – Rishabh Pant, David Warner
PBKS vs DC match prediction
The closer the season finale comes, the greater the tension. Only 3 matches left for each team with 10 points, which means 3 chances to get to the playoffs. Punjab Kings and Delhi Capitals definitely want to use all opportunities.
PBKS and DC have almost equally strong squads with exceptional bowlers. They will be able to use the venue benefits to their advantage.
So we propose making opposing bets in various sportsbooks for hedging risks. Make bets on your fav team in the Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals match 2022. And win!