Punjab Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants Match Forecast: Key Info, Playing 11, Dream11
IPL 2022 Punjab Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants match prediction for Today’s IPL match: PK Vs LSG– 29th of April at 07:30 PM local time.
“Kings of messing up” against a bright debutant, who will win? PBKS have great batters today, but the bowling side is slightly underperforming. LSG is staked with all-rounders and great duos. Let’s analyse the Punjab Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants Match.
PBKS are now in the 7th place, having 6 matches, 3 won, 3 lost. Mostly, they fight intensely, even with top teams such as GT.
- The team beat RCB, CSK, MI.
- And lost to KKR, GT, SRH.
LSG, for now, is in the 4th place, having 7 matches, with 4 wins and 3 losses.
- The team won over CSK, SRH, DC, and MI.
- And lost to GT, RR, RCB.
They didn’t meet yet, and it will be their first match. So we have no head-to-head history.
Interestingly, the LSG skipper KL Rahul played with PBKS for 4 years. And he performed exceptionally, scoring 2 548 runs in 55 matches at an average of 54.9. Moreover, he was Punjab’s captain for 2 seasons. He couldn’t lead them to a win and moved to LSG before the 2022 season started.
That means KL Rahul knows well the PBKS details and their playing manner. So his knowledge may help Lucknow greatly.
The 2022 pitch report
The Punjab Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants Match #42 will be played on the 29th of April (07:30 PM local time). The venue is the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune.
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium 2022 pitch report:
It has black soil differing from other IPL venues, which all have red soil. Yes, Australian pitches are also black, but they provide more pace and bounce. Indian black soil is low and slow. It has more clay than red, is not porous, and absorbs more water. By the way, that’s why the stadium has an extensive rainwater drainage system.
Also, that pitch type means players might use other technics than on the red soil pitches.
- The venue is known as a good wicket for batting.
- It provides help for the bowlers if they bowl the required line and length.
- The spinners also take a lot of power during the match going at 8.1 per over, with strikes once every 19 balls. Spinners come into play earlier than on other venues.
- Pacers go at 9.22 runs per over in night matches. They stroke once every 22 balls.
- Chasing teams won in 9 of 14 last matches.
Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
The venue hosted 44 IPL matches. The highest score is 211; the lowest is 73. The average comprises 308.4, and the strike rate is 132.6 historically.
- PBKS played there only once, on the 13th of April 2022, against MI. They won by 12 runs.
- As for LSG, it will be their first time at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium.
It promises to be sunny, 38°C at 18:00. There will be 21% humidity which is quite dry; that makes the batters’ life slightly easier as no moisture hardens the bats. The wind might be 25Km/h and NW direction.
Probable Playing XIs
PBKS possible playing 11:
- Shikhar Dhawan – Batsman
- Shahrukh Khan – Batsman
- Mayank Agarwal © – Batsman
- Jonny Bairstow – Wicket Keeper
- Jitesh Sharma – Wicket Keeper
- Liam Livingstone – All-Rounder
- Odean Smith – All-Rounder
- Kagiso Rabada – Bowler
- Rahul Chahar – Bowler
- Vaibhav Arora – Bowler
- Arshdeep Singh – Bowler
LSG possible playing 11:
- Ayush Badoni – Batsman
- KL Rahul © – Wicket Keeper
- Quinton de Kock – Wicket Keeper
- Marcus Stoinis – All-Rounder
- Manish Pandey – Batsman
- Jason Holder – All-Rounder
- Deepak Hooda – All-Rounder
- Krunal Pandya – All-Rounder
- Avesh Khan – Bowler
- Dushmantha Chameera – Bowler
- Ravi Bishnoi – Bowler
As for Punjab Kings, we can pick these key figures:
- Liam Livingstone has brilliant performances in the 2022 IPL season. He’s an aggressive right-handed batsman having the ability to hit big sixes.
- Rahul Chahar is known as one of the highest wicket-takers.
- Kagiso Rabada is one of the best bowlers in South Africa.
As for LSG, we think these players might be vital:
- KL Rahul has a great form and does wonders on the field.
- Quinton de Kock provides an excellent duo for Rahul and offers quickfire starts.
- Ayush Badoni is a young batsman who works great for a lower order. He’s called a find of the season.
Here’s the Dream11 prediction for today’s match:
- Captain – Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul
- Vice-Captain – Liam Livingstone
- Keepers – Quinton de Kock, KL Rahul, Jitesh Sharma
- Batters – Shikhar Dhawan, Ayush Badoni
- All-rounders – Marcus Stoinis, Liam Livingstone, Deepak Hooda
- Bowlers – Kagiso Rabada, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi
Today’s match prediction
We think LSG has more chances of winning in that 2022 match thanks to a more thoughtful and balanced team. They also have a higher position now at the table and wouldn’t want to give points to anyone.
Though the venue may challenge LSG as they never played there earlier, and even KL Rahul doesn’t have a fresh experience at the Maharashtra Stadium.
PBKS might use the powers of Kagiso Rabada and their knowledge of the venue. But still, their perspectives look slightly inconsistently.
As usual, we advise making PBKS vs LSG match bets safely and thoughtfully. Place the bet after your analyse and win!