Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Match Forecast: Pitch Report, Players, Dream11
As IPL 2022 goes to the finals, games become more intense. It doesn’t matter if the team is a favourite or an outsider; they will fight furiously in any case. Usually. So, what’s the prediction about the Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings match on the 20th of May 2022?
It will be their 1st meeting in the current season.
RR is in 3rd place after 12 games, 7 won, and 5 lost. The team has 2 matches to define passing to the playoffs: against LSG and CSK. Here are the variants:
- If RR beats LSG, they even won’t need to win over CSK then;
- But, if Rajasthan loses to Lucknow, then the team will fight for victory against Chennai. That way, the franchise will keep needed points.
CSK is in 9th place after 12 matches, 4 wins and 8 losses. They will meet 2 teams till the final games: GT and RR. The Titans are a too strong opponent, but they might relax and give a win to CSK.
But the recent CSK game against MI (12th of May) showed that Chennai might be exhausted for these 2 serious contenders. Mumbai was leading all the match time with high chances of winning. The team is out of the competition now. So, GT and RR might get their wins relatively easy.
Their head-to-head history has 25 matches. Rajasthan won 10 times and Chennai 15. We can expect a high score; statistically, they made a 150+ score in all games.
2022 Pitch Report & Weather
The Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings match #68 will happen on the 20th of May (07:30 local time). The venue is Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai.
The venue hosted 24 IPL matches. 13 of the 16 IPL games already have happened. Seven of them were won by wickets, six by runs. So, the field provides equal assistance to both sides. The toss results in RR vs CSK match will have little impact.
RR played there 5 times and won 3 games, all by runs. So, the team can select batting first when winning the toss because they have a positive experience with that unusual decision. The decision is notable because the dew effect significantly impacts games in Mumbai. So toss winners tend to bowl first.
But Rajasthan has a reason to do so because the pitch provides excellent conditions for batters. Red soil gives a consistent bounce. Also, short boundaries offer a lot of help. The team might get a high score that is hard to chase.
Also, we might remind that the red soil tends to wear and tear after a series of matches. It means the spinners play a significant role in the process.
CSK played there 4 times and won only once. So, Rajasthan might know the field better than the opponent.
The weather on the 20th of May will be hot (30°C) and partly cloudy. The chance of rain is 0%, but the humidity will be 71%, giving a severe dew effect. The wind will be 18 Km/h in the WSW direction.
Probable Playing XIs
That playing 11 might be for RR:
- Devdutt Padikkal – Batsman
- Rassie van der Dussen – Batsman
- Yashasvi Jaiswal – Batsman
- Riyan Parag – All-Rounder
- Jos Buttler – Wicket Keeper
- Sanju Samson © – Wicket Keeper
- Kuldeep Sen – Bowler
- Prasidh Krishna – Bowler
- Ravichandran Ashwin – Bowler
- Trent Boult – Bowler
- Yuzvendra Chahal – Bowler
That playing 11 might be for CSK:
- Ambati Rayudu – Batsman
- Devon Conway – Batsman
- Ruturaj Gaikwad – Batsman
- Dwayne Bravo – All-Rounder
- Moeen Ali – All-Rounder
- Shivam Dube – All-Rounder
- MS Dhoni © – Wicket Keeper
- Robin Uthappa – Wicket Keeper
- Maheesh Theekshana – Bowler
- Mukesh Choudhary – Bowler
- Simarjeet Singh – Bowler
RR vs CSK Key Players
For RR, these players might be essential:
- Jos Buttler continues to be a star for the team. 626 runs with a 52.16 average, wow! He will keep strengthening his momentum.
- Sanju Samson is 2nd for the team in run-scoring with 321 runs. Also, his leadership keeps RR in the 3rd place by points, with a high chance of taking the champion title.
- Yuzvendra Chahal is a magician bowler spinner for RR with 362 runs and 23 wickets.
For CSK, these players might be essential:
- Mukesh Choudhary showed excellent bowling form in the last games.
- MS Dhoni keeps being the most classy and influential player in the team; he tries to save the team.
- Dwayne Bravo makes a good partnership with Dhoni and is a 2nd best batter.
Here’s the Dream11 prediction for the RR vs CSK match:
- Wicket-keepers – Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson
- Batters – Yashasvi Jaiswal, Devdutt Padikkal, Ruturaj Gaikwad
- All-rounders – Riyan Parag, Dwayne Bravo, Moeen Ali
- Bowlers – Trent Boult, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mukesh Choudhary
- Captain and vice-captain – Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler
Today’s match prediction
So the prediction for the Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings match is such: RR has a high chance of winning over CSK. Maybe, Rajasthan won’t make extra efforts, but Chennai is quite upset after MI beat them in style.
We think it will be logical to bet on RR. However, if you don’t want to miss the outsider winning chance, you can make opposing bets. If Chennai wins, the gain from the odds can cover all expenses.
Make your bets smartly and win!